Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I reinstall a game but keep its data?

I Have downloaded terraria IOS and played alot. I have lots of things in the game but it has stopped working so I have to reinstall it. Is there a way I can reinstall it but still have everything from before? (by the way I am not jailbroken so anything that needs jailbreak won't help)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:54 AM

Unfortunately, the game scores are stored with the app. You must trash the app before you can reload it which means that you will have trashed the scores.

Jailbreaking is NEVER a good thing.

Getting back to your issue, try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

If the Restore doesn't work, now you're in trouble.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 2:54 AM in response to MemaLovesKitties

Unfortunately, the game scores are stored with the app. You must trash the app before you can reload it which means that you will have trashed the scores.

Jailbreaking is NEVER a good thing.

Getting back to your issue, try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

If the Restore doesn't work, now you're in trouble.

Apr 19, 2015 2:53 AM in response to MemaLovesKitties

The only way to keep the data is to backup your iPad first, delete the game, reinstall the game and then restore the backup of the iPad. All app and game data should be conagined in your backup. When you delete an app, you delete all data associated with the app, so that's why you have to backup first and then restore the backup, which restores the data.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Can I reinstall a game but keep its data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.