Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages documents showing as folders in the Finder

On a Retina MacBook Pro with OS 10.10.3 many of the pages documents on this computer have had their icons corrupted; instead of a Pages file it now shows a folder (actually a folder with a shared icon, a Google Drive shared folder icon). Even if I move the pages file out of the the Google Drive folder, it will still have the wrong icon. How to fix?

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:47 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2015 1:30 PM in response to Jensen Gelfond

I am not going to install Google Drive, or any third-party Google Drive derivation locally on 10.10.3 in an attempt to duplicate your issue. Dragging and dropping a Pages package folder from Yosemite into the browser-based Google drive window will automatically zip the Pages document prior to upload, and avoid what appears to be damage to the package folder bits.

I would do a Get Info on that shared folder, and then in the Open with section of Get Info, assign Pages v5.5.2 as the default open application. Do this for the specific file, and resist clicking Change All… until you know that it reverted the folder to the Pages icon, and the document can be opened correctly. If you see no immediate change, perform a reboot, and check the icon again.

If the preceding does not work, try drag/drop the folder.pages file onto the Pages v5.5.2 application icon.

Pages documents showing as folders in the Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.