Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On Logic Pro X,With One midi Device can I control many instruments?

I've got 2 midi tracks with the same Synth Instrument each. From my midi device i set the first knob to the Freq Parameter from the first Instrument.

And i also set a second knob to the Freq Parameter from the second Instrument.

The problem is, When I press LATCH to record live these two Freq Pamateters the second knob is controlling the First Instrument, so i can't do my job.

Do you know why?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:48 PM

Lef Mak wrote:

... When I press LATCH to record live ...

Are you referring to the Automation Mode "Latch"? This is different from standard recording mode.

Record Mode

In standard recording mode, you record the MIDI signal from your external MIDI controller as MIDI Events to a MIDI Region on your Track and also controls the MIDI components on your Instrument Plugin of your Channel Strip. The incoming MIDI signal is played/recorded on all Record-enabled Tracks.

Automation Mode

In Automation Mode, the signal from your external MIDI controller can be used to record Automation Data (which are Fader Events, visualized as Automation Control Points) to control virtually any onscreen controls in Logic. These Events can be recorded as Track Automation or as Region Automation. The important part is the setup. You use either Automation Quick Access (one Automation Parameter at a time), or use the Controller Assignments Window to configure a more elaborate scenario.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Lef Mak

Lef Mak wrote:

... When I press LATCH to record live ...

Are you referring to the Automation Mode "Latch"? This is different from standard recording mode.

Record Mode

In standard recording mode, you record the MIDI signal from your external MIDI controller as MIDI Events to a MIDI Region on your Track and also controls the MIDI components on your Instrument Plugin of your Channel Strip. The incoming MIDI signal is played/recorded on all Record-enabled Tracks.

Automation Mode

In Automation Mode, the signal from your external MIDI controller can be used to record Automation Data (which are Fader Events, visualized as Automation Control Points) to control virtually any onscreen controls in Logic. These Events can be recorded as Track Automation or as Region Automation. The important part is the setup. You use either Automation Quick Access (one Automation Parameter at a time), or use the Controller Assignments Window to configure a more elaborate scenario.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

On Logic Pro X,With One midi Device can I control many instruments?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.