Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change the background color on Photos?

I have upgrated to Yosemite and Iphoto, now Photos, shows all our photos with a white background, I would like it to be black.

How can I do it?

So far I am not impressed with the Yosemite, flat and lacking design.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 1:07 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2015 10:35 AM in response to léonie

You can have any color you like as the background when viewing sets of photos - so long as it's white!

Luckily the background color switches to black for editing.

But like the wonderful iPhoto, I'd really like the ability to change the background color when viewing sets / groups at the top level - black or dark grey would be so much better.

Apr 22, 2015 12:03 PM in response to Phraserd

But like the wonderful iPhoto, I'd really like the ability to change the background color when viewing sets / groups at the top level - black or dark grey would be so much better.

Agreed. Most other photo programs default to a black background but you can change the color. I have switched to "Lyn" ($20) for my photos. I can have any color background I want.

how to change the background color on Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.