Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search in my huge purchased iOS apps collection?

Hello.

I have been collecting many iOS apps for a while and probably have hundreds by now. Is there a way to search IN my purchased collection for the apps I want to download? I did not see a way to do this in Windows XP Pro SP3's iTunes v12.1.2.27 and iOS v8.1.3's App Store.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, Windows XP SP3, & Verizon Wireless

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:26 AM

On my iPod Touch, running iOS 8.3, if I go to Updates > Purchased in the App Store app and pull down the screen I get a search box appear at the top of the screen, which lets me search my purchased apps (those that are still in the store and which I haven't hidden).

On my Mac's iTunes (current version, I assume that it's the same on Windows) then going to the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage, or clicking on my name towards the top right of iTunes and then clicking Purchased on the popup, I get a screen where I can view my purchases - select Apps, and at the top left there should be a 'search purchased items' search box

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 6:26 AM in response to antdude

On my iPod Touch, running iOS 8.3, if I go to Updates > Purchased in the App Store app and pull down the screen I get a search box appear at the top of the screen, which lets me search my purchased apps (those that are still in the store and which I haven't hidden).

On my Mac's iTunes (current version, I assume that it's the same on Windows) then going to the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage, or clicking on my name towards the top right of iTunes and then clicking Purchased on the popup, I get a screen where I can view my purchases - select Apps, and at the top left there should be a 'search purchased items' search box

Apr 19, 2015 6:28 AM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

Interesting. On my old iPhone 4S with iOS v8.3, I do not see a search on the top of that purchased apps screen. I do see it on the bottom but that seems to be global in the store. Windows' iTunes worked good like yours.

Apr 19, 2015 7:38 AM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

In the Purchased tab in the App Store you've done as above i.e. pulled down the centre of the screen ? That reveals a search box on my iPod, and on my iPhone (though that's still on 7.1.2)

Ah, I missed a step. Pull down the center of the screen. I was expecting the option to be there without that. How is one supposed to figure that out? LOL.

Search in my huge purchased iOS apps collection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.