Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I get the Windows 8 install disk

My Computer - Macbook pro 15", Retna Display (mid-2012), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

So I would like to be able to play some pc games on my mac. I have bootcamp and I know to hold the options key after each restart to change, but my question is where can I get a Windows 8 disk that it ask for (it ask for windows 7 but the apple guy told me windows 8 would work). I would like a link, not just a comment like, bestbuy. Which they probably have anyways....

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:45 PM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2015 8:00 PM in response to GrayXFairyTail

When you buy the Product Key from the Microsoft Store, the Download Manager (.exe) when run allows you to download an ISO image. An ISO image is a software disk image of a physical CD/DVD which can be burned to a physical CD/DVD depending on size.

From the Microsoft link...

Overview

When you download Windows from Microsoft Store, you have two options: You can download a collection of compressed files, or you can download an ISO file. An ISO file combines all the Windows installation files into a single uncompressed file.

If you choose to download an ISO file so you can create a bootable file from a DVD or USB drive, copy the Windows ISO file onto your drive and then run the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool. Then simply install Windows onto your computer directly from your USB or DVD drive.

When you download the ISO file, you must copy it onto a USB or DVD. When you're ready to install Windows, insert the USB drive or DVD with the ISO file on it and then run Setup.exe from the root folder on the drive.

On a Mac, once you have the ISO file, you can burn it to a physical DVD using Disk Utility (Yosemite): Burn a disk image to a CD or DVD.

Where do I get the Windows 8 install disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.