Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Before 8.3 update when I saved photos they were added to my camera roll. Then I could access the photo I wanted from any app. Now when I SAVE a photo it is not added to the camera roll at all. iCloud photo is on. AND my Photo Stream is GONE entirely.

Hi all. Since updating my iphone 6 a couple days ago, I have discovered awful glitches in photos. When I save photos they do not get added to my camera roll. My Camera Roll and Photo Stream used to match. I would take a photo on the camera and I would see it on my photo stream. Yesterday, I added an edited photo to my camera roll by saving it (I thought). But it was not there. In the past, if I wanted a photo to post in any app, from Twitter to Facebook to Yelp, in order to retrieve it easily (if I had a lot of photos on my phone) I would sometimes text it to myself and then save it. It would be added to my camera roll. Then, when any app asked me to upload a photo, I could find it right at the beginning of my camera roll photos. Now, when I save a photo it does not appear on my camera roll. I discovered this yesterday when posting a Yelp review. I found the photo I wanted to use on my camera roll and it was way back at the beginning of the camera roll. I edited the photo. I saved it. It did not get added to my camera roll. So then I looked for the photo on the camera roll where I had originally found it way back at the beginning. The edited version of the photo was gone. Could not find my photo to upload to Yelp. Then I discovered it was the same with every other app on the phone.

PHOTO STREAM DISAPPEARED! This was my main problem and primary question until I tried to resolve the issue. I saw a message on my phone that said (I thought) that I needed to connect my phone to my laptop to restore icloud backups. So I manually connected my phone to my Mac Pro Laptop (2011) and backed up my photos. I made sure iCloud was turned on for photos. I have it set to Download and Keep Originals. It is also set to Upload to My Photo Stream. And iCloud sharing is turned on.

WHEN I connected my phone to my computer I got a message on my phone about setting it up for personal hotspot and it would not complete the update unless I replied. At first i did set it up, but it seemed to be an issue, so I simply let my phone and computer use my home wifi network. I don't need the personal hotspot, but it seemed to affect the photo issue further.

Now where I used to see Photo Stream and Camera Roll, it simply says All Photos. I am extremely confused. This is a mess. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:14 PM

There are no replies.

Before 8.3 update when I saved photos they were added to my camera roll. Then I could access the photo I wanted from any app. Now when I SAVE a photo it is not added to the camera roll at all. iCloud photo is on. AND my Photo Stream is GONE entirely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.