Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select a backup other than the most recent one

So, because I like to use iFunBox, I tried to downgrade my iPad back to 8.2 today. About 20 minutes ago. When I did this using iTunes, during the backup, the first 12 apps alphabetically were deleted 😟. Now preferences looks like this:

User uploaded file

The apps deleted include adobe photoshop mix, and Altos Adventure, as well as Circle the Dot, Don't touch the spikes, magic touch, and vimeo. Some of these were apps I used today, some I haven't used for months. I don't see any pattern to the deletion. Anyway, on to the main question, I have a backup from about 2 hours ago, but only 2 backups show up, from two different devices (My old and new iPad) and they're the most recent backup. Can I restore a backup that's NOT the very most recent one? I want to restore an 8.3 backup with all my apps back! I think the apps were deleted because I forgot to turn off find my iPad. Please help!!!!!

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:41 PM

Sorry, not alphabetically. I thought it was that at first. And exactly 26 apps were removed.

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 3:47 PM in response to Webmaster4o

Oh god this is a disaster, my messages and contacts were removed off my iPad (They're still in iCloud) when I tried to back it up to an older backup, then tried to restart the iPad. ANY app that isn't a core app on the system opens for less than a second before crashing. My device is completely nonfunctional, could it have gotten bricked somehow during the backup? I wish I had never tried to downgrade to 8.2! Please, help me!!!!

Select a backup other than the most recent one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.