Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HUGE problems downgrading software

After attempting to downgrading my ipad's software from 8.3 to 8.2, 26 of my apps were deleted and replaced with unnamed folders. The rest were left alone. After attempting to redownload them from the app store, they (strangely) began to download into the exact same slots in the exact same folders as they were before. Then, every app froze at about ⅔ complete, and so I restarted my iPad. Huge mistake. Now my messages and contacts and mail are blank. So I tried to restore my last backup, from 5:18. Now, every app on my iPad that isn't an undeletable app built into the system opens for a second, displays the opening screen, then crashes. I did try to use iFunbox to add some patterns to Golly, which I don't know if that could have caused an issue. iFunbox was the whole reason I wanted to downgrade in the first place. Using iTunes on a macbook running yosemite. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:06 PM

13 replies

Apr 18, 2015 6:32 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

While trying to update, I first updated from my iPad, and it got stuck multiple times (between resets) about ⅚ through the second progress bar. Now I put it in recovery mode, and updated via iTunes. The progress bars on my mac all went through and finished, and now iTunes shows my iPad as it normally does, but my iPad screen still shows the progress bar! Any tips?

HUGE problems downgrading software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.