Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How in the world to get rid of purchased songs on my iPhone?? :(

Hello,

I use my iPhone in my car to play songs. No matter what I try (I've researched other posts and feedback on those posts), the purchased songs reappear and show up in my playlist in my car.

I have a 2014 BMW - not sure if it varies by car or system or something. I don't plug in the phone; it connects wirelessly.

PLEASE help!!! The purchased songs are all for my kids and I don't want to hear them anymore!!! 🙂

I have a 6 Plus

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Memory

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 5:00 PM

15 replies

Apr 18, 2015 7:07 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for your reply.

That doesn't help at all. When I get in my car, the songs still show up in the list of songs on my phone.

The car automatically lists every song in my phone. It's a list of hundreds of songs. It's not a problem - I love all of the ones on my playlists that I've synced.

The issue is that I don't want the purchased songs to sync - at all - on my phone.

Apr 19, 2015 7:52 AM in response to sumsette

Can you see the songs on your phone? If they are on your phone they will show up in your car. The only way to remove them from the car is to remove them from the phone.

How do you get your music on the the phone? There are 3 options: Sync selected songs from iTunes on your computer; Manually Manage music in iTunes on your computer and drag it to the phone; or buy them directly on the phone. There's one additional way that songs can end up on your phone: In Settings/iTunes & App Store if Automatic Downloads is ON then any music purchased by anyone sharing your account will automatically be downloaded to your phone.

Apr 20, 2015 8:54 PM in response to sumsette

Do you connect to the vehicle via Bluetooth? Try removing the iPhone from the list of devices in the car's system, and then remove the car from the list of Bluetooth devices on the phone. Make sure you have the settings set up the way you want them for music on the phone, and then pair the device again. If it is still picking up the songs that are not on the phone, then I would say this is a BMW problem, and I would contact them to see what they have their radio settings configured that it is picking up the cloud based songs.

How in the world to get rid of purchased songs on my iPhone?? :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.