Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add some files from an external iOS device to my time machine disc?

I want to add some photos from a macbook to my time machine, which is backing up my mac. Wondering how to initiate that?

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:41 PM

I want to add some photos from a macbook

Just to clarify: you are looking to add something from your Macbook (in your post) or an iOS device (in your subject line) to your Mac?

If it's your Macbook and only a couple of photos, how about copying them to a thumb drive and then copying them from there to whatever machine you are backing up with Time Machine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 2:41 PM in response to jenny fromfortcollins

I want to add some photos from a macbook

Just to clarify: you are looking to add something from your Macbook (in your post) or an iOS device (in your subject line) to your Mac?

If it's your Macbook and only a couple of photos, how about copying them to a thumb drive and then copying them from there to whatever machine you are backing up with Time Machine.

how do I add some files from an external iOS device to my time machine disc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.