Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does the same co that refubs iphones

does the same company that refurbishes apples iphones also supply Verizon & at &t? I was told they all get their refurbed phones from 1 source. wondering if this is true. would it matter if I got a refurb iphone from apple or Verizon? they all have the same return & warranty ploicies.

thanks s

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:02 PM

The advantage of getting a warranty replacement from Apple over Verizon is that, if you make a Genius Bar appointment and Apple determines that your phone is covered by warranty, they will replace the phone on the spot. Verizon will have to order and ship a phone to you. In both cases, you will have the remainder of your original one year warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. If you have purchased AppleCare or purchased an extended warranty through Verizon, you will fall under the terms of that product.

I have no idea if the phones are remanufactured at the same place. I've had certified pre-owned iPhones from Verizon and a replacement iPad from Apple. Both worked perfectly.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 7:02 PM in response to fidola13

The advantage of getting a warranty replacement from Apple over Verizon is that, if you make a Genius Bar appointment and Apple determines that your phone is covered by warranty, they will replace the phone on the spot. Verizon will have to order and ship a phone to you. In both cases, you will have the remainder of your original one year warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. If you have purchased AppleCare or purchased an extended warranty through Verizon, you will fall under the terms of that product.

I have no idea if the phones are remanufactured at the same place. I've had certified pre-owned iPhones from Verizon and a replacement iPad from Apple. Both worked perfectly.

does the same co that refubs iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.