Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iPad and now copy/paste won't work anymore and I need it for an important email,Help!

Hello,since I updated my iPad air with the IOS 8.3 update, it is impossible to copy and paste anything anymore,I'd like to know if this is normal and will pass or if this has a solution,if it does I would like to know what I should do to make it work again.

thank you.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 5:29 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 2:24 PM in response to gracielikesbands

Greetings gracielikesbands,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after updating to the most resent version of iOS, you are unable to copy and paste on your iPad as described in the attached iPad User Guide (page 30).

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1595/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

To begin troubleshooting, I would suggest resetting your using the instructions located in the attached article.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue continues after resetting, please let me know what happens when you try to select text as described in the User Guide.

Cheers,

Joe

I updated my iPad and now copy/paste won't work anymore and I need it for an important email,Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.