Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes can't see my Apple TV for a restore

My Apple TV needs to be restored from itunes on my Mac but iTunes can't see the device. I have updated iTunes.

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:25 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 1:41 PM in response to rebeccafromkingston

Greetings rebeccafromkingston,

It seems you are unable to restore your Apple TV using iTunes. That does sound troublesome. The following article provides troubleshooting steps for this situation. It may help you find a solution:

Apple TV: Unable to restore using iTunes - Apple Support

When attempting to restore your Apple TV in iTunes, you may see the following:

• Apple TV doesn't appear in iTunes
  • An alert appears indicating Restore Error 1611 or Restore Error 1603

Some micro-USB cables that are bundled with products or accessories may only support charging those products (and not transmitting data) or they may work only with the product with which they were sold. Using one of these cables to restore your Apple TV may cause the issues above.

To resolve these issues, please try these basic restore steps first. If the issue persists, continue with the following advanced troubleshooting steps.

1. Temporarily disconnect any unnecessary USB devices from your computer, leaving only your Apple TV, the micro-USB cable, and a keyboard and mouse, if necessary.
  2. Restart your computer and try to restore again.
  3. If the issue persists, try using a different micro-USB cable if possible. If you don’t have another micro-USB cable, your local Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider can assist you in restoring your Apple TV.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

My iTunes can't see my Apple TV for a restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.