Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Logic to Windows PC and transfer to MAC

I have purchased Logic Pro 10 and I need to download again as there was a problem with the system it was downloaded on and I had to wipe it. I have now fixed the system but I do not want to connect it to the Internet as it has to be a super secure system. The only computer I have that I have connected to the Internet is a PC running Windows. How would I download Logic to it and then transfer to my Mac? Will I be able to do updates in this manner as well?

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:35 PM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 7:12 PM in response to arlesterc

I have now fixed the system but I do not want to connect it to the Internet as it has to be a super secure system.

Simply connect to net, use the Mac App Store once to sign in and download LPX and update OS X... (You will need to update OSX first to Mavericks 10.9.5 as a minimum to download and install the current version of LPX on the app store....) and then download any of LPX's additional content you need after first launching LPX.. Authorize any 3rd party plugins that require online access to do so..... then physically disconnect from net.

Done...

The odds of anything 'bad' happening if thats all you do, are incredibly small... but if you are still concerned. install a good quality firewall such as Little Snitch to monitor and firewall everything you wish to block.

Note: All LPX updates are only available via Software Updates in the Mac App Store that is installed on the same Mac as the app is installed upon.. as are many OS X updates these days. There have been no web based links to any LPX updates to date.

Download Logic to Windows PC and transfer to MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.