Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quitting iTunes

hi. iTunes stopped working when i was copying a music cd. i can't open or quit iTunes. i tried to shut down my mac pro but it won't. i tried to force quit iTunes but it won't. I have downloaded the latest version of IOS and iTunes. How do I make my iTunes work again?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:03 AM

Hey mikejfrancisco,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, iTunes is not responding and the computer will not Force Quit iTunes or power off. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

OS X: Using the power button - Apple Support

Hold down the power button for 5 seconds to force the computer to turn off. Important: You may lose unsaved documents if you force the computer to turn off this way. Use this method of turning off your Mac only if it has become unresponsive for an extended period of time.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 5:03 AM in response to mikejfrancisco

Hey mikejfrancisco,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, iTunes is not responding and the computer will not Force Quit iTunes or power off. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

OS X: Using the power button - Apple Support

Hold down the power button for 5 seconds to force the computer to turn off. Important: You may lose unsaved documents if you force the computer to turn off this way. Use this method of turning off your Mac only if it has become unresponsive for an extended period of time.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

quitting iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.