Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change the default for podcast deletion after listening?

I have only just discovered that many of my cherished podcasts have been getting deleted after I listen to them. I originally set the option to NEVER delete after listening when I first installed iTunes years ago and I haven't change it since. However, I can only assume that it was changed by Apple during an upgrade at some point and I never noticed. The delete after listening option has been set to On for podcasts going back many years (2008 at least).

Two questions:

1. Is there some way to change the default setting to Off?

2. Is there a way to bulk change the setting for multiple existing podcasts?

Thanks.

For what it;'s worth; I'm running iTunes 12.1.2.27 on Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell Latitude laptop.

Dell laptop-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 3:38 AM

Choose the Podcast view you are using (either Podcasts/Podcasts or Podcasts/Episode List) from below:

User uploaded file

or

User uploaded file

and select Delete Played Episodes <Off> from the drop-down menu

1 reply

Can I change the default for podcast deletion after listening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.