Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated my iphone 5s to 8.3. Notification drop-down is fixed to landscape orientation even when on portrait and unable to slide up. Had to press home button for it to slide back to top.

DRop down notification panel orientation problem

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:07 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 2:55 PM in response to shinsengumi1384

Hi shinsengumi1384,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you are having an issue with the iOS user nterface or Notification Center behavior after the update to iOS 8.3, you may want to make sure you have a backup of your data, then try the following troubleshooting steps (the article is aimed at a slightly different issue, but the steps are also helpful for UI issues):

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

You might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time during start up. Try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 mintues, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Updated my iphone 5s to 8.3. Notification drop-down is fixed to landscape orientation even when on portrait and unable to slide up. Had to press home button for it to slide back to top.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.