Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks author Keynote widget repeats first build at the end of a series of builds.

I've got a minor gripe concerning the Keynote widgets in iBooks author. I've included various builds in the Keynote file, which run well in Keynote, but when imported into iBooks author will run right through and then go back to the initial build before transitioning to the next slide. It's not disastrous, but it is a bit confusing for the students, like watching a movie that randomly flicks up a still frame from earlier in the movie every couple of minutes. I've been holding off grumbling about this for a year now, hoping it might get fixed in an update. Has anyone else experienced this and found a workaround?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:38 PM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2015 7:14 AM in response to sb0117

This is true and thanks for your input. But I have only used transitions and animations that are supported. For example I have a slide with a text box that asks "What temperature do we need to heat the water in order to make steam?" Two more text boxes appear after a delay of 1 second. They say "60-65ºC" and "100ºC" both are hyperlinks to other slides and the slide show advances on link only. Here's the problem: the two text boxes (and links) that appear disappear. Interestingly the hyperlink remains: i.e. if I prod in the location of where the text box was, the slideshow advances to the appropriate slide.

This problem is common to more complicated builds where I play video that is linked over several slides and give the flicker of the original build before advancing to the next slide.

I'm fairly sure that I didn't have this problem with the same slideshows in a previous build of either Keynote or Ibooks Author. I am, by the way, working with the latest updates.

Apr 28, 2015 4:29 PM in response to agoodkeenman

Although that doesn't solve this particular problem, since I've had similar issues with keynote in the past, I decided that whenever I needed to develop a widget with more complex builds and when more controls were needed, I'd use Hype or Adobe Edge Animate instead. They both offer a lot more in terms of animation capabilities, but they are harder to use.

iBooks author Keynote widget repeats first build at the end of a series of builds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.