Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect more than 3 devices to my Time Capsule.

I previously had an ISP and used a DSL connection with my time capsule. I had no issue connecting multiple devices to my network. I have recently switched ISPs, now I have cable internet. When I connected my time capsule to the new ISPs modem, my original internet (name) appeared so I connected to it. My computer remembered the password and there was no issue. 2 other devices automatically joined but I cannot connect any more devices. When I open airport utility on any other device, they see the time capsule just fine and they are listed as online users. The issue is that they cannot see the internet, only the time capsule. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hardwood

Apple TV, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Worked before the update

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:35 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 11:57 PM in response to Hardwood76

You have the TC setup wrongly.. it is bridged when it should be router.

Please reset the TC to factory and redo the setup.. Do not use the same names or passwords.. .. delete all the old wireless names from the computer and other devices and start fresh and clean.. you will just mess things up trying to use the same names.

Factory reset universal

Power off the TC.. ie pull the power cord or power off at the wall.. wait 10sec.. hold in the reset button.. be gentle.. power on again still holding in reset.. and keep holding it in for another 10sec. You may need some help as it is hard to both hold in reset and apply power. It will show success by rapidly blinking the front led. Release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the TC to reset and come back with factory settings. If the front LED doesn’t blink rapidly you missed it and simply try again. The reset is fairly fragile in these.. press it so you feel it just click and no more.. I have seen people bend the lever or even break it. I use a toothpick as tool.

N.B. None of your files on the hard disk of the TC are deleted.. this simply clears out the router settings of the TC.

Apr 28, 2015 11:28 PM in response to LaPastenague

Hello LaPastenague

The TC was not in bridge mode. I did do a factory reset and so far that seems to have helped me limp by for now. Multiple devices can join with no issue, I did change the name of my network like you suggested. I have never been able to use this TC as a backup for my iMac, and I believe there is a hardware issue with it for that reason as well. Even after the factory reset I still cannot back up to it. I'll be taking it to the Apple store here in the near future. Almost every day I have to reset my TC as it says it is connected to the internet but there is no connectivity. After a reset it works just fine and this is persistent. Thanks for you inputs.

Apr 29, 2015 3:24 AM in response to Hardwood76

If you want to pursue it I need more info.

1. What model is the cable modem? Some modems are known problematic with Apple routers.. SB6121, 6141 are often cited.

2. What model is the TC?? A1xxx from the base please.

3. Give me a screenshot of the TC setup.. showing the summary page.

ie this one.

User uploaded file

There is some hardware issues with latest one.. my first AC TC was dead inside a week.. some take longer to die but the construction quality isn't good.

Older ones also have issues.. so I need to know exactly which you have.

I cannot connect more than 3 devices to my Time Capsule.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.