Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one remove temporary files from Safari? A friend logged on to her Facebook account using my iMac. Now I can't remove her e-mail address from Facebook. It was suggested to me that I try clearing temporary files from Safari but I can't find

How does one remove temporary files from Safari? A friend logged on to her Facebook account using my iMac running Mac OSX 10.7.5 and Safari 6.1.6. Now I can't remove her e-mail address from my computer. When I open Facebook her address shows in the user button. I do not have a Facebook account. It was suggested to me that I try clearing temporary files from Safari but I can't find anything that tells me how to do this. Are temporary files the same as the cache? It also was suggested that I try clearing Safari cache. How do I do that?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:12 AM

Check Safari/Preferences/Passwords to see if the Facebook account is there. If so, select it and remove it. If you are still having problems, Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. If that doesn't work, Safari/Reset Safari.

3 replies

How does one remove temporary files from Safari? A friend logged on to her Facebook account using my iMac. Now I can't remove her e-mail address from Facebook. It was suggested to me that I try clearing temporary files from Safari but I can't find

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.