Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change order of songs in playlist?

Is it possible to change the order of songs in a playlist in iTunes 12.1.2.27? I was able to drag and drop them in previous versions.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:14 AM

After speaking with support, here is the solution:

Call up a playlist, single-click on a song, go to toolbar and click on view. Select view options; a dialogue box appears at top right of screen. Scroll down to "Sort by" and click. Then click on manual. You now can drag and drop songs into the desired order within the playlist.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 8:14 AM in response to sberman

After speaking with support, here is the solution:

Call up a playlist, single-click on a song, go to toolbar and click on view. Select view options; a dialogue box appears at top right of screen. Scroll down to "Sort by" and click. Then click on manual. You now can drag and drop songs into the desired order within the playlist.

May 31, 2016 7:50 PM in response to daredevildan

I'm having the same problem. I used to be able to drag and drop but can't do it anymore. Someone just suggested to go to View and Songs and then sort by Manual. But I don't have an option for Manual. I used to be able to do this all the time and really would like it back since I spent hours putting them in the order I wanted to listen to them and now it is all screwed up. Apple, please fix this. I have over 1500 songs and I would hate to do this all over. Please help.

Change order of songs in playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.