Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel hd 3000 bootcamp win7

So, i have a macbookpro 15" early 2011, i don't know where more to look..

So here is my major problem, i have OS X (Yosemite) And Win7 (Bootcamp partition).
And my GPU is the ATI one, but i want it to go Intel HD, but it doesn't find it.
What do i need to doo to get it work only the Intel HD 3000, i notice that bootcamp downloads the drives for Intel HD, but, only the amd ones are instal and get it to work.
If some one can help me, or say that definitly it doens't work .

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, Intel HD 3000

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:22 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 6:40 PM in response to Hansuero

Macs prior to Late 2013 use EFI 1.1 and install Windows using a BIOS compatibility layer called CSM-BIOS. The Apple EFI firmware controls what devices it exposes via CSM-BIOS layer to the OS. You can see these in msinfo on the Windows side under Hardware. The same EFI natively exposes both GPUs to OS X, which can handle GPU switching, etc.

You can force an EFI Installation on the Macs prior to Late 2013, with various problems across generations of Macs as you get closer to Late 2013 models.

You can read Intel's website for UEFI 2.0 specifications.

Is there a specific reason you want to use the Intel GPU? Apple has a recall on specific AMD GPU-based Macs. Please see http://www.apple.com/support/exchange_repair/.

Apr 23, 2015 5:56 AM in response to Loner T

I'm understandig, at lower rate xD
i want to use the Intel Gpu, beacuse of the graphic failur on the amd on, i got my macbookpro to the apple care to fix the gpu failure, and they replace the board, so now i don't even want to use the AMD GPU.
Can you make a step by step ? or if there are any step by step that i can apply it ?

Intel hd 3000 bootcamp win7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.