Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! After upgrading to OS X, GoPro Studio can no longer locate video file locations

I upgraded to OS X in the middle of editing a family vacation video in GoPro Studio. Since iPhoto is no longer compatible with OS X, the file locations are no longer valid and my GoPro project can't locate GoPro videos. How do I point GoPro Studio to the correct location so that I can edit video and don't have to start over?

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:25 PM

You post does not contain adequate information and does not make sense

What OS upgrade did you make?

No upgrade of OS X is incompatible with iPhoto - it may require an iPhoto update but it is not incompatible

And I have no idea how GoPro studio "locates" videos in iPhoto - but basically the answer is you never go directly into the iPhoto (or Photos) library - you use the supplied supported access tools - for iPhoto How to Access Files in iPhoto and essentially the same for Photos

Please provide details of what you have and what issue are having - remembering that support for GoPro studio is not here but available from GoPro

LN

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 7:25 PM in response to sbarbins

You post does not contain adequate information and does not make sense

What OS upgrade did you make?

No upgrade of OS X is incompatible with iPhoto - it may require an iPhoto update but it is not incompatible

And I have no idea how GoPro studio "locates" videos in iPhoto - but basically the answer is you never go directly into the iPhoto (or Photos) library - you use the supplied supported access tools - for iPhoto How to Access Files in iPhoto and essentially the same for Photos

Please provide details of what you have and what issue are having - remembering that support for GoPro studio is not here but available from GoPro

LN

Apr 19, 2015 4:49 AM in response to LarryHN

Good morning Larry,

You're absolutely correct that my question was not very thorough. I panicked when I thought I had lost my photos last night. I recently upgraded to Yosemite, and it appears that my file location for photos and videos have moved. When I attempted to open iPhoto I got an error saying it was no longer compatible and another photo app seemed to take its place. I did not download a new iPhoto app, so maybe that is my plan problem. Either way go pro studio has the files in the editing tool but cannot locate them on the underlying system to do anything with them which leads me to believe they have been moved with the upgrade to Yosemite. Even when I try to start a totally new project I cannot locate go pro mp4 files, only the jpegs show up in a file search but I have confirmed that they still play within the photo app that showed up when I downloaded Yosemite.

Thanks so much for your quick response and attempt to assist. I really do appreciate it.

Best regards,

Sharon

Help! After upgrading to OS X, GoPro Studio can no longer locate video file locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.