Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Upgrade Stuck

I had a popup on my personal computer yesterday asking if I wanted to upgrade ITunes. I X'd out of it a couple

of times, it popped up thoughout the day. Just to get if off I hit download, or upgrade, now I'm really not sure

what it asked. It started downloaded on my ipad, I walked away for a while, when I came back it just have a

black screen, with what looks like a charger icon, with an arrow pointing to the ITunes symbol. I thought it was

weird it asked on my pc to upgrade the ipad. I am afraid it is a virus. My ipad is stuck on the black screen. I have

tried rebooting, I have tried hitting the power button and the up and down buttons. It is still stuck. Did I just ruin

my ipad?

Thanks,

Kelly

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:35 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 6:48 PM in response to kbackhus

I assume that iTunes was alerting you of an upgrade. I also assume that your iPad was plugged into your PC at the time the upgrade began. iTunes must have launched and began to upgrade your iPad as well and something went wrong and now your iPad is in recovery mode.

Try resetting the iPad by holding down on the SLEEP and HOME buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. If the Apple logo never appears and the iPad doesn't start up, try this.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 18, 2015 7:17 PM in response to kbackhus

You don't sound lame at all. I think that I misunderstood you to some degree. Did you try plugging into your computer and launch iTunes and follow the prompts like Skydiver suggested? Or did you try the recovery mode restore that I referred to in my post above? If you tried both of those and the iPad is not responding at all, are you sure that the battery doesn't need to be charged? You could try plugging it to charge and see if the charging icon appears. Do you hear the ding when you plug the iPad into your computer?

Itunes Upgrade Stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.