Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to restore photos lost during restoral of iPhone. They were backed up Monday, 04/13/15, in iCloud. Unable to select iCloud restoral from Monday.

How do you retrieve/select a particular backup on iCloud for restoral? I restored my iPhone 4 (2) days ago because I had lost my contacts. When my contacts were restored from a year-old backup, my photos also reverted to what was on my iPhone a year ago. My saving grace may be that I did an iCloud backup this past Monday, 04/13/15. I only backup contacts and photos to iCloud. Please help. Thanks.

J.J. Tyus

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:31 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 2:41 PM in response to jjtyus

Hi jjtyus,

If you have multiple backups in iCloud to restore from, you should be able to choose the one you want as part of the restore process, as outlined in the following article:

Restore from an iCloud backup

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it.

2. Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from.

• On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.

• On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.

For information about backing up manually now, see Back up your iOS device to iCloud. If you don’t see a backup you expected to be there, see the Apple Support article If you need help restoring an iCloud backup.

3. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”

4. In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.

5. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

For help deciding which backup to restore from, including information about restoring from another device’s backup, see the Apple Support article If you need help restoring an iCloud backup.

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Regards,

- Brenden

Unable to restore photos lost during restoral of iPhone. They were backed up Monday, 04/13/15, in iCloud. Unable to select iCloud restoral from Monday.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.