Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iBooks

Can I sync iBooks across all my devices automatically. I have enabled auto sync but I have to always do it manually thru itunes

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8, Grey

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:59 AM

What do you mean by 'enabled auto sync' ? The Settings > iBooks > Sync Collections settings on a device doesn't copy books and/or PDFs between devices, all it does is if you have a book/PDF on multiple devices/computers and you move it into a collection on one of them, then it will be moved into the same collection on the other devices/computers - but you have to download (if it's an ibook) or sync (epubs/PDFs) it onto each device that you want it on.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 5:59 AM in response to tilitymarie

What do you mean by 'enabled auto sync' ? The Settings > iBooks > Sync Collections settings on a device doesn't copy books and/or PDFs between devices, all it does is if you have a book/PDF on multiple devices/computers and you move it into a collection on one of them, then it will be moved into the same collection on the other devices/computers - but you have to download (if it's an ibook) or sync (epubs/PDFs) it onto each device that you want it on.

Apr 30, 2015 12:36 AM in response to tilitymarie

Do you mean that aren't showing in the cloud for redownloading on them ? PDFs (and epub books from other stores/sites) will not be copied between devices and/or iOS devices through iCloud, if you want them on your Mac then you will need to connect your iPad to your Mac's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over to it, and then File > Move Books From iTunes in your Mac's iBooks app. You can then sync them to your phone.

For ibooks from the iBookstore, you might be able to redownload them on your Mac's iBooks app via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iBookstore homepage, and (if they are compatible with iPhones) via the Purchased tab in the iBooks app on your phone.

Sync iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.