Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to google and banking websites suddenly

I have a macbook pro with OS X (10.9.5) and have been accessing websites without any issues - google.com, youtube.com, and several banking websites as well (e.g.: citibank.co.id. ) 3 days ago, suddenly I get "cannot connect to the server" for these websites. When I change my browser to firefox, i can't access these websites either. When I search via Yahoo.com, I will see in the search results youtube references there, but when I click inside, youtube becomes black screen only. I AM able to access ted talks, Facebook, and some other websites that don't require authentication. Please help.

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:13 PM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2015 3:38 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi there, I've done both steps but doesn't solve problem. When trying to access citibank.co.id, takes me to its homepage, but when i try to sign on, it returns with the same error message, "Safari can't open the page because cannot find the server www.citibank.co.id."

For google, same error message when i type "google.com" at URL. I can search through google.co.id though.

For youtube.com, safari immediately returns error message that it cannot find the youtube.com server.

I've tried to disconnect the wifi and turn back on again, restarted macbook several times, to no avail. All other apple device at home linking to same wifi works just fine - my Mac, iPhone, iPads.

Apr 19, 2015 4:27 PM in response to Panda1968

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Jun 30, 2016 10:44 PM in response to Panda1968

I have an idea. Get a HP laptop, get a Chromebook, get anything else. I got a new Citi CC and spent an hour trying to set up an account. My husband went to his oldold HP desktop and set it up in seconds. This happens over and over. I am starting to can't stand MacBook Pro and how much I paid for lame computering.

I have been an Apple person since 1980s and am ready to jet...........

Cannot connect to google and banking websites suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.