Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blubrry or Libsyn for hosting podcast media?

Starting up a podcast, have the domain, a webhost site, Wordpress and Powerpress plugin installed, have the basic website set up. Now I'm trying to determine whether to use Libsyn or Blubrry as my media hosting site, and I see fans of both. Blubrry seems to be the simplest to use with Wordpress/Powerpress, Libsyn seems to be the most popular out there, I'll be spending around $20 per month for either.

Pros and cons of each from you guys with real life experience?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:37 AM

I would recommend you manage your RSS feed away from wordpress. Wordpress managed feeds cause more issues on these support forums then anything else.

Look at the top 200 shows in iTunes you will see almost none with a wordpress manage feed - but you will see many with a libsyn feed - The Nerdist, Joe Rogan, *** With Marc Maron, all the NFL network shows,...

The libsyn feed will be much more reliable than what you do on Wordpress and if your show gets really popular it will not bring down your site. Nor will adding 3rd party plugins break your libsyn feed.

You can connect your libsyn account to automatically publish to your wordpress site as well.

If you have any other questions about libsyn email me rob at libsyn dot com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 8:37 AM in response to doc_daddy

I would recommend you manage your RSS feed away from wordpress. Wordpress managed feeds cause more issues on these support forums then anything else.

Look at the top 200 shows in iTunes you will see almost none with a wordpress manage feed - but you will see many with a libsyn feed - The Nerdist, Joe Rogan, *** With Marc Maron, all the NFL network shows,...

The libsyn feed will be much more reliable than what you do on Wordpress and if your show gets really popular it will not bring down your site. Nor will adding 3rd party plugins break your libsyn feed.

You can connect your libsyn account to automatically publish to your wordpress site as well.

If you have any other questions about libsyn email me rob at libsyn dot com

Blubrry or Libsyn for hosting podcast media?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.