Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won't turn on

HI, I was just in the SF Apple store as my MacBook Pro won't turn on. Literally does nothing when I push the power button - no sound, no fans. I have tried resetting the SMC. They fixed it two days ago by resetting it, is this something I can do myself? I am traveling not able to get back to the genius bar. Any help would be so appreciated!

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:58 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 9:04 PM in response to cosmicliz82

It will make it easier to help you w/ your problem to know the exact model, size, year built, RAM installed and OS you're running.

"They fixed it two days ago by resetting it"

What kind of reset?

Normally it would be this:

Reset SMC

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Which is what you did?

They might have done this:

Try a hard reset. Disconnect the battery (open the bottom and pull the connector off. Use your fingernails.) and power adapter. Press the power button for 1 minute. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes, Reconnect and try to start up.

No? - Go through the same procedure and try to start without the battery connected.

The addendum to this would be to try a known good battery.

This would be for a "no start" scenario but basically it's the SMC reset w/ a battery you can remove.

MacBook Pro won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.