Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload photos from iPhone to Mac using Photos

I have photos on my iPhone that I wish to upload to my iMac and then share using Skype. How do I do that now that my iPhoto library has been converted to Photos?

(1) I do not want to send my photos via iCloud

(2) I do not want to copy any photos from my iMac to my iPhone.

Why did this get so complicated? Why can't I drag and drop?

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:14 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 10:19 AM in response to Agemegos

See the instructions quoted below from Photos help https://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.0/?lang=en#/pht6c803201

Import photos from a camera or iOS device

1. Connect a camera, iPad, iPhone, or other iOS device to your computer with a USB cable.User uploaded file
  2. Make sure the camera or device is turned on and the camera is set to the correct mode for importing photos.For information on which mode to choose, see the instructions provided with your camera. If your camera has a “sleep” mode, make sure it’s disabled or set to a time increment long enough to allow your images to download.
  3. Open Photos (if it isn’t already open), then click Import in the toolbar.Note: The Import button only appears when a camera or storage device is connected.User uploaded filePhotos displays all the photos and videos on the device. You can choose to import a selection of photos or all the new photos on the device.
  4. Do one of the following:
    • Import all new photos: Click Import All New Photos.
    • Import a selection of photos: Click the photos you want to import, then click Import Selected.
  5. If a message asks whether you want to delete or keep the photos on your camera after they’re imported, click Delete Items to remove the photos, or click Keep Items to keep them on the camera.Photos imports your photos. To cancel importing, click Stop Import.
  6. When all photos have been imported, disconnect the camera or device from your computer.

Imported photos appear in the Last Import album in Albums view.

If you have photos taken with a film camera, you can import them into Photos by converting them to digital files (using the Image Capture app and a home scanner). After importing the digital files into Photos, you can edit them and add them to albums and projects, just as you can any other digital photos. You can also use the Image Capture app to set Photos to open automatically whenever you connect your camera. For more information, open Image Capture in the Applications folder, then choose Help > Image Capture Help.

Tip: You can change the date and time of scanned images in Photos; select the image and choose Image > Adjust Date and Time.

How do I upload photos from iPhone to Mac using Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.