Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic creation of photo album and mixing of photos post sync

hey,

i am facing a very unexpected issue:

- once I start syncing my iphone 5 with my laptop the below issue arises

~ there are around 7000 photos under 21 folders and size of all album is around 6GB (only photos and I don't sync videos)

~ the itunes starts by syncing all the albums available by creating it on the iphone

~ however, the photos don't get get sync in one go (so it breaks the total photos packs as 4500-2000-500 to sync all 7000 photos and I need to sync it three times)

~ to reslove this issue, I have deleted all photos and again synced multiple times and changed the data cable already

~ it has twice happened that some of the album didn't show up and the photos didn't sync also

~ after using it for sometime, on the iPhone, there are recreation of albums first with the same name and photos from different albums get mixed and be a part under different albums (when I check on the iTunes - the size of the total album doesn't change though)

~ the original albums remain intact with the right photos initially but over a period of sometime, their photos also get jumbled up automarically and in the end I would get to see around 45-50 photo albums (with original album being duplicated twice or thrice and Atleast 2-3 times the number of original photos being jumbled up and lying in different album groups)

~ however there is no change in the size of the photos on iTunes and if I sync it further, more album duplication happens

i have deleted all photos from iPhone numerous time and re-synced it but it doesn't work

i have changed the data cable but it remains the same

i have deleted the full folder on my laptop with the ipod cache and re-sync it but still it doesn't work

My phone is always updated to the latedt software update (iOS 8.3 and whatever updates are there on iTunes or other applications)

this has started happening after iOS 8 update and specially with the introduction of 'recently deleted' folder on the photo app And the above picks great speed if I edit / delete photos from my camera

this could also be some bug or error and since there is no option to my best of understanding to delete and re-install the default photo app, I am finding hugely difficult to fix up the issue and seek advise

regards,

piyushUser uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:36 PM

1 reply

Automatic creation of photo album and mixing of photos post sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.