Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to restart to complete update

I have tried to do an update from the App Store on my iMac for Yosemite 10.10.3 supplemental update. It says it is going to

restart to complete the update in 59 seconds. When the time elapses, nothing happens. I then try a restart from the Apple Menu

and that will not work either. I then shut the iMac down with the power button and turn it back on. It restarts but the update is

still not done.

Hope someone can help me with this.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Lacie 500 GB HD

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 7:43 AM

In the very rare situation where there's a glitch in the update process, you can often correct it by running the separately downloadable COMBO updater:

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Combo Update

2 replies

Apr 19, 2015 7:43 AM in response to greg sahli

Thanks very much for the input Greg but I have manged to solve the problem by doing something I should have thought of earlier.

I simply removed the App Store icon from the Dock, then dragged it back in. I then tried the update and it Restarted as it is supposed

to.

One thing I did notice is that even though the Update wasnt restarting and was still showing that it needed to be updated in the Update Menu

bar, it had actually been updating each time I tried a different method of doing a restart, ie: Manually Restarting from the Apple menu and

turning the iMac power off and back on. (see attached)User uploaded file

Thanks again for your input.

I am unable to restart to complete update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.