Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

once I have inputted by 4 digit code into iCloud I am asked for a security number that is sent to a mobile phone number I know longer have. How can I set up to me new mobile phone number?

No longer have the mobile phone number for iCloud to send security number to - how do I update with new mobile number?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:43 PM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2015 5:47 AM in response to acstorer

Sorry, this did not help. I did what you said but the phone number in my Apple ID is not the one that it is partially showing where an apparent security number is sent to, which requires to be inputted after the 4 digit code. The number that iCloud has is from when I worked in Indonesia. I have recently moved to work in Thailand.

Apr 20, 2015 8:01 AM in response to acstorer

This sounds as if you have set up 2-step verification. This requires you to have two of three things - your password, your 'trusted device', or the 'recovery code' you were issued with when you set it up.

Assuming this to be the case: as you no longer have your 'trusted device' you will need to log in to http://appleid.apple.com and use the recovery code. Then you can add another trusted device in the 'Password and Security' section.

It is essential that you have kept the recovery code. If you lose both that and the trusted device you will be permanently locked out of your ID. Apple will not be able to help you.

once I have inputted by 4 digit code into iCloud I am asked for a security number that is sent to a mobile phone number I know longer have. How can I set up to me new mobile phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.