Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A hacked Iphone 6?

I have an iphone 6, running on the latest OS system. Recently ive been having suspicions that it is hacked, because my windows computer was hacked last month. The hacker even attempted to get remote access, and accessed my email ids. Ive since changed my email id's, bought a new laptop. Didnt notice any unusual activity after that. BUT, recently i started wondering if the hacker has gotten access to my iphone. For your info,my phone is not jailbroken. I didn't really notice any apps i didnt open being opened, no usual signs of weird messages being sent. I reset my phone just in case 2 weeks ago, and did it again yesterday. Full factory reset.

Last night i was trying to turn off background app refresh for instagram, and it kept turning on by itself, immediately. Like i would turn it off, if i went back to settings, clicked on instagram again, 1 second later. It would be on. This happened about 10-12 times until it finallystopped, and remained turned off after that.

Is this a bug anyone else is facing? Has anyone else on this forum had experience with a hacked iphone? Can an iphone 6 be hacked?

I would really appreciate some answers that explains my problem, not just say that an iphone cannot be hacked.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:59 PM

10 replies

Mar 23, 2017 8:43 PM in response to Tech59

I saw my iPhone 6 turn on and open all by itself then it proceeded to my bank app then it logged in and got to the part where u have it enter ur password to gain access to my bank account so I pressed the button on the right and it turned itself on again and it proceeded to load my last safari page

I called the banks and froze my accounts and deleted the Bank apps from my phone

I called apple they said it was very unusual to have been hacked and they asked me to turn off my Handof feature

I do not have an apple comp or iPad

I am not satisfied with what apple help line said I still feel it's been hacked

Has this happened to anyone is my phone hacked

Please help

Mar 23, 2017 8:51 PM in response to Veen44

Was your phone plugged in at the time? If so, you may have a bad charging cable. If not, it sounds as if you could have a bad digitizer. Take the phone to Apple for evaluation.

Unless you jailbroke your iPhone or allowed someone to have access to the phone while it was unlocked who might have jailbroken it, the chances of your iPhone being hacked are not just "unusual". They are almost zero.

Apr 21, 2015 9:14 PM in response to roaminggnome

I spoke to apple chat & the person i spoke with said my phone was not jailbroken. I have never jailbroken my phone myself. I had my computer hacked a month ago so i worry that someone is targeting me. Is it possible for them to hack my phone through wifi or something? Is it possible to jailbreak the phone without physically having access to it? My email addresses are all secure & have not been compromised.

Jun 2, 2015 4:41 PM in response to boomz12

My wife's phone 6 plus was hacked the other night. It turned itself on and was being remotely accessed. Face book, web sites, contacts, settings. I locked the phone and it turned itself back on. I actually took a video of it. Weird thing was I turned off the wifi, unplugged the router and put it in airplane mode and they were still able to turn it back on. the video clearly shows it in airplane mode, and with no wifi I don't have any idea how they were able to access it. I removed face book thinking there was a security problem with it because my wife uses it a lot and they were browsing all the contacts in face book. It didn't come back on after that but I have not reinstalled face book and I changed the lock code.

Jun 2, 2015 4:47 PM in response to Tech59

No it's not. The ONLY way to hack an iPhone is to physically connect it to a computer, and run hacking software on it. There is no way to hack an iPhone remotely. If such a capability ever is developed it will make headlines around the world. The iPhone is the most secure computing device ever developed. And if it has iOS 8.3, it cannot be hacked even if you have posesssion (yet).

Feb 18, 2016 9:33 AM in response to boomz12

I'm having the same problem with my daughters phone. I think Kilted Tim works for apple because he said basically the same thing to me. If the touch screen was going bad it would not browse the internet and pull up specific web sites by spelling them correctly. The odds would be incredible. The might as well say a ghost is doing it, I might believe that more. I think Instagram may be responsible for my daughters. Any luck finding out more?

A hacked Iphone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.