Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MB Air 128gb and a Time Cap.802.11AC. My HD is maxed out because of 30GB of photo storage after migration to 10.3.3 Photos. Please recommend an external drive best for connecting to TC and moving the iPhoto Lib off my HD

I have a 13" mid 2011 MB Air 128gb and a Time Cap.802.11AC. My HD is maxed out because of 30GB of photo storage after migration to 10.10.3 Photos. I have reduced apps and files as much as possible so the only thing left is to move the photos. Please recommend an external drive compatible for connecting to my TC 802.11ac and moving the iPhoto Lib off my HD which will free approx 15 gbs. of space. I don't plan on using it for any other purpose so a small capacity drive will suffice. I know the "optimization" is supposed to adjust for this condition but I don't trust that assertion.I only have 2gb free space remaining.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 128gb 1mid 2011/1early 2014 /TC ac

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:40 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 11:54 PM in response to nelcor

I don't plan on using it for any other purpose so a small capacity drive will suffice.

If you really only want such a small capacity drive.. what about just buying a 32GB or 64GB USB memory stick.

You should still have a back up to the internal hard disk of the AC TC.

Or just buy a WD Passport.. don't waste your money buying 500GB as it is only a bit more to buy 1TB and a bit more again for 2TB.. For future use if you do buy a USB hard disk buy 2.5" type.. and buy 1TB or if the budget stretches 2TB..

I have a MB Air 128gb and a Time Cap.802.11AC. My HD is maxed out because of 30GB of photo storage after migration to 10.3.3 Photos. Please recommend an external drive best for connecting to TC and moving the iPhoto Lib off my HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.