Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCO 10.2 won't play audio. Was fine in 10.1.4, projects open fine, the meter shows it playing, made all correct connections in Inspector, but no sound to system?

Since upgrading to FCP 10.2 from 10.1.4, I'm now not able to get sound even though it shows it's playing in the meter. The clip is a .wav 48k, I have highlighted the audio, gone into the Inspector, chosen Audio, in Pan Mode I've chosen Stereo Left/Right and made sure Stereo is selected on the file in the Channel Configuration. Solo does not help nor is skimming available.

All other audio apps are fine including Quicktime.

Also, I triedstarting a new Project and Importing audio, but the same result. Please let me know what I'm missing.

Is there a way to rollback to 10.1.4 to finish this project?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), MacPro

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 10:15 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 10:31 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom- shortly after I posted I read that and the multichannel change in the AudioMidi Setup was indeed the answer!

In reading through the posts, I see you have had answers to many issues so perhaps you help with this :

In 10.1.4, I had used an FX Factory effect for scrolling credits and now it won't play back on 10.2. If I highlight the clip, I have the ability to edit the text, but it won't play- any help is appreciated.

Is there a way to rollback to 10.1.4 to finish this project?

Thanks again, Tom

FCO 10.2 won't play audio. Was fine in 10.1.4, projects open fine, the meter shows it playing, made all correct connections in Inspector, but no sound to system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.