Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 had iOS 8 virus scan should I call apple

after clicking wrong website by sliding down my safari pop up said virus detected and it happened so quick and lead me to life lock what should I do

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:39 PM

Ignore it. Shut Safari. Go to Safari settings in General and delete Website Data. It is not possible to get a virus on an iPhone unless it has been Jailbroken.

Cheers

Pete

6 replies

Oct 14, 2015 11:46 AM in response to snapfold

snapfold wrote:

Thank you! So easy. Wish I read this BEFORE I gave them access to my desktop. I think all they wanted was the $400 to remove it though.

If you gave them access to your Mac then that is different. They now have remote access to your Mac to pick through what data they wish. It has been compromised. Back up your data, erase your Hared Drive and reinstall your OSX, as well as notifying your Bank and changing all your secure passwords.

pete

My iPhone 6 had iOS 8 virus scan should I call apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.