Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro

Is a 13" MacBook Pro sufficient to watch videos online, or would it be better to get the 15"? I noticed there is a new 13" model but no new 15" model. The MacBook will be used almost exclusively at home. Is the extra cost of the 15" worth the difference in size?

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:19 PM

The 13" MBP will show online videos. In regards to size, that is a choice that you must make. I suspect most people will prefer to watch video on a larger display but other factors may come into play such as cost and ease of portability.

Ciao.

3 replies

Apr 19, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Lyricaldove

13" is very sufficient. I had it for 1.5 years. I switched to 15" only to get more real estate for other purposes such as photo editing, coding etc. Since this has now become my mainstream computer and I dislike using my desktop computer, I switched to 15" and very happy with it. Besides the display, 15" models come with quad core processors as opposed to 13" ones which are dual core processors. So the choice for 15 versus 13 is more than display only, BUT, for videos 13" is too powerful and good. I never had the fan kick off on my 13 more than once (while downloading mavericks). New 13" also has force touch and ... next-gen retina?? - go for it.

MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.