Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i set up my apple tv it takes long to activate and my mac is unable to detect it in display

I have a 3rd gen appletv, i typed in my wifi password and it said activating.. stayed on that screen for 30 mins. so i just clicked menu and everything was fine.

Then I went to system pref on my mac opened display and enable mirroring but it says doesnt detect. also there is no icon at top corner. but appletv saying its connected. however i go onto the "about" screen and it shows the activation is skipped and failed. i dont know what else to do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:50 AM

Have you tried:

Get help using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

4 replies

when i set up my apple tv it takes long to activate and my mac is unable to detect it in display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.