Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new charger broke off inside my iPad air...

ive had my iPad air for two years now and I've had every iPhone since the second one that came out... but all of a sudden the "high" quality charges that apple are offering obviously aren't of the quality they say. three brand new chargers I've bought in the last two weeks have all broken, one inside my iphone 6 and two inside my iPad... When will this stop? And how much will I have to spend on chargers until it does?

Ipad Air-OTHER, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 12:36 AM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2015 1:23 AM in response to lauren_964

Theyve never broken before, I've been an apple customer for years now... And I've spoken to friends that the same happens to, but not as often... so I know it can't be my fault... I could understand if I was a kid ramming it into the charging port... But I'm nearly 20 and i don't think I could be more careful. I took all chargers back and stormfront (the franchise that sells Apple products) agreed it shouldn't be happening but said Apple disagreed their chargers were at all "faulty" and so meaningtwo choices I have to just buy new ones... Or sell my devices and see what Samsung have got which I do not want to do...

Apr 19, 2015 3:52 AM in response to lauren_964

I Have had numerous chargers break usually from the base and I am gentle when taking off. I have never had as many problems as i (and my family) have had. I know one option was buying a new charger from phone tech support. You have to pay then they reimburde you when you send in broken one. was not happy with that... Then I also have the newer mini cable which one time the plastic broke off leaving the metal in my iPhone!!! I used tweezers to get the broken metal out of my phone... Not pleased

My brand new charger broke off inside my iPad air...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.