Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos deleted form camera roll now delete photo stream

Hi.

Up until very recently when i took a photo with iPhone/ipad it went to camera roll and then uploaded to photo stream and stayed in photo stream regardless of what i did to the camera roll.. So for instance if on holiday id take loads of photos and then find a wifi hotspot and let the phone upload to photostream and then delete the camera roll. Then my mac would download all the photos from photo stream.. I really good system.

Now.. When i take a photo and it uploads to photo stream and then I delete it from camera roll in deletes from photo stream as well. Is this what happens now? Or am i doing something wrong and if this is the case whats the point of photo stream, if in essence camera roll and photo stream are the same thing.

Running iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 3:47 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 10:29 PM in response to robert monks

Yeah. We think the same

There is also now a folder called recently deleted which has a seemingly unlimited number of the deletions from the last 30 days.

Camera Roll and Photo Stream are different - Photo Stream still has all (I think all) of the photos you might have moved to other folders but it does seem to remove any you deleted and puts them in Recently Deleted

Tom

Photos deleted form camera roll now delete photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.