Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2012 keeps randomly crashing

So my Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2012, i7 2.9ghz has kept crashing since purchase for some unknown reason. It does this randomly maybe 3 times a week, Ive tried different OS, mavericks and yosemite with a fresh harddrive everytime ofcourse and no softwares running. It basically just freezes for 15 seconds and the computer shuts down.

The computer has been to repair 2 times at apple but they didnt find any problems.

Ive been in contact with 3 different senior advisors from apple in Sweden and none of them have been able to solve the problem.

The first senior advisor told me to leave the computer at an authorized apple repairservice which i did for 10 days but they didnt find the problem so i got billed 80 dollars (which they did not inform me before hand) because they didnt find any problem.

- He stops responding.

The second one told me to upload a system log after a crash which i did.

- She stops responding even though she promised me she would get back to me as soon as possible. (its been 2 months)

Third one told me to run the capture data software that they provided me but the software needs to be "Stopped" in order to save a crashlog which is not possible since my computer shuts down during crash.

- Still waiting for response from this guy.

Im extremely unsatisfied with my computer and how apple been handling this, considering i spent around 1,600$ on the computer and additional few hundred bucks on Apple Care which is running out in October 2015.

What can i do? So much time & money spent on this and im still stuck with a broke computer.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:09 AM

8 replies

Jul 26, 2015 9:18 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

@davitto did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm in the same boat.

I also have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012). Mines a factory refurb, and like yours it's crashed on average every two or three weeks since I got it. On the worst day it crashed 3 times, at best it'll go over a month. Sometimes it's a full oops / kernel panic. But usually it just restarts automatically with no error shown and I think on one or two occasions it simply shutdown. I also haven't found anything in the kernel log.

I've also tried BMC reset, extended diagnostics, repair disk / permissions. bla bla bla.

But because it's an intermittent fault, it's impossible to prove that the issue has been fixed.

Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2012 keeps randomly crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.