Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased album removed from iTunes

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with iTunes. I had bought four Assassin's Creed albums in the past, AC II (2), AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC III (3). Recently I noticed that the only album I have in my library now is Assassin's Creed III (3). I tried to downloading all missing purchases but iTunes said all purchased have already been downloaded. I checked the iTunes store and it shows the three missing albums as not purchased. I am frustrated that I might have to repurchase those albums because the first three were removed and re-listed. Example, on my iPod, which still luckily has those songs synced into its library, displays the name of the album as "Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)" but on the iTunes store it merely says "Assassin's Creed 2 Soundtrack". This indicates that those two albums, despite having the exact same data and description, they are two different albums according to iTunes. Any help? Otherwise that's $40 just to repurchase my albums that should have never been removed and re-listed to begin with. Also, no they were never purchased on a different iTunes account, so don't say that could be the cause.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:22 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2015 7:31 AM in response to gooblaka

Have you moved countries since buying them ? If you haven't and if they don't show in the Purchased link under Quick Links for redownloading, then have you checked to see if they are hidden from there : iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support ?

Albums, and any other item in the store, can be removed (or replaced with new versions which will be treated as separate purchases), there is no guarantee that any item will remain in the store for future redownloading. If not already doing so you should be keeping and maintaining a backup copy of all of your downloads

Purchased album removed from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.