Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

chipped brand new macbook pro

Hi all,

Recently, I purchased a brand new macbook pro from an apple store. However, I later noticed a very minor, but present nonetheless, mark/chip/indent at the ridge of the screen's aluminium casing (the mark appears dark grey/black instead of silver like the rest of the outer body... maybe the silver coating wasn't applied fully on that area??). There is also a small light scratch on the top outer case, and a slight black spot/smear(?) mark near the palm rest area which I cannot seem to rub off.

For those who bought a brand new retina macbook pro, are these slight 'imperfections' common / not unusual? I am reluctant of returning it for fear of getting a macbook with a 'true' defect (screen defects, etc.). The rest of the macbook works perfectly fine, I am just worried that I may have gotten a 'bad' one.

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 3:42 AM

9 replies

Apr 21, 2015 7:11 AM in response to BladeFURY

I had the same thing happen to me with a brand spanking new iMac. I contacted the Apple store immediately who told me to bring it to store so they could check it out. I did and they swapped it out for a new one with no fuss straight away! Shame it was an hours drive back, although my student discount more than covered the petrol costs.

It's inevitable that from the thousands of machines shipped there will be many with slight defects etc like ours, however for the money we spend there can be no excuses! Better to give them a call and let them know you are coming ASAP, as I imagine the longer you leave it the more it looks like it could be damaged caused by yourself...

chipped brand new macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.