Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I Install Jam Packs (new to me) along with other Addtional Content?

Just started with LPX and hit "Select All Uninstalled" (virtually everything) for the Additional Content download dialogue and installed. NOT highlighted were most of the items under Legacy/Compatibility, including various Jam Packs. (And those highlighted were compatibility items marked INCOMPLETE installation status.)

I've learned Jam Packs are from Garageband, which I hardly used and didn't download them. I've read Jam Packs are relevant to LPX but I've also read a forum or two of users under same circumstances having stability issues after installing Jam Packs. It also begs the question as to why "Select All Uninstalled" did not highlight the Jam Packs and related (incomplete install) items.

FYI I did at first attempt to select and download them along with all the other items, but got an alert about installing items with already Incomplete installs. This and them not being auto-highlighted spooked me so I deselected and surfed for more info. after installing only what was auto-highlighted. (Only situation I found using X who had not used Garageband loaded them and had problems, but the post was over a year old so was hoping updates may have solved the problem.)

Thanks for any and all feedback!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:58 AM

There are no replies.

Should I Install Jam Packs (new to me) along with other Addtional Content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.