Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not activate IPhone 5S

Hello

My name is Vladimir

I live in Ukraine. I bought IPhone 5S via Ebay and when I got the package with it discovered that this device linked to previous owner icloud account! This phone is not stolen and has clean IMEI but when I had online chat your experts told me that they can’t help me with my problem, but if you can’t help me, tell me please – who can ????

I also have original box and PAY PAL transaction ID – if it will be necessary and I know name of phone’s previous owner, her name Felice Fortez.

I sent a lot of emails to Felice but she didn’t respond, I don’t know why. And I still can’t activate this phone, because I don’t know her login and password. I wright this letter to you and hope you will understand my difficult situation (Almost three weeks without mobile phone)

I also upgraded it to latest version IOS 8.3 and all her data were removed from the phone

So I ask you, PLEASE delete this phone from her account and give me chans activate my phone and enjoy it.

IMEI of device: 358752055478972

Serial: DNPLN5KPFNJM

If you say no - I will write a complaint letter to International Buyers Protection Organization, sorry I don't want do this - but I have no choice.

Beforehand Thanks and I hope you will understand me !

Regards

Vladimir

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:35 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2015 7:05 AM in response to vovanic80

vovanic80 wrote:

Hello

My name is Vladimir

I live in Ukraine. I bought IPhone 5S via Ebay and when I got the package with it discovered that this device linked to previous owner icloud account!

Apple is not on this forum. We are users like you. Only the previous owner whose Apple ID you need will be able to activate it. If the eBay seller does not respond, contact eBay. They have a buyer protection program.

I also have original box and PAY PAL transaction ID – if it will be necessary and I know name of phone’s previous owner, her name Felice Fortez.

I sent a lot of emails to Felice but she didn’t respond, I don’t know why.

Probably because the seller got the phone through not so transparent means. And they do not have the information required to activate the phone.

So I ask you, PLEASE delete this phone from her account and give me chans activate my phone and enjoy it.

Apple will not help you bypass activation lock as it is a security and anti-theft feature.

If you say no - I will write a complaint letter to International Buyers Protection Organization, sorry I don't want do this - but I have no choice.

You can do what you want. Good luck with that. Apple did not sell you the phone. eBay did. Complain to them. If you stillwant to complain to Apple you can do it here:

www.apple.com/feedback

Apple will read your message but will not respond

Can not activate IPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.