Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy adjustment to multiple images

Simple question, anyone figure out how to copy an adjustment from one image to a group of images.

I shoot in RAW so all my images need white balance applied to them, I set the one balance on one image, and found Copy adjustment. Now I want to copy this to the next 1000 pictures, all I can seem to do is do it one by one. Not good when you have a 1000 pictures to do. I see no way to select multiple images when doing edits. And when not in "Edit" mode, the paste Adjustment does not work.

Robert

P.S. -- All I can say about Photos is *** was apple thinking putting out this POS application. They had 2 good apps, a little long in the tooth, and in need of a major update. But to get rid of those and give us Photos, I am ashamed for the software engineers that had to release this POS app.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2017 10:38 AM

While in editing mode, you can use cmd-shift-c to copy the current adjustments to the clipboard. Stay in editing mode, navigate to the next (similar) photo with the cursor keys, and use cmd-shift-v to paste the adjustments.

10 replies

Oct 21, 2017 9:42 AM in response to Briasu

Even in the new Photos 3.0 on High Sierra "Copy Adjustments" and "Paste Adjustments" are still only available in Edit mode and thus can only be applied to one image at a time. That is an unnecessary limitation, making the user interface clumsy. And cropping does not count as an adjustment in Photos. So you cannot copy and paste a cropping rectangle at all, to crop a set of photos consistently.

Apr 19, 2015 7:22 AM in response to Robert Morse 2

I see no way to select multiple images when doing edits. And when not in "Edit" mode, the paste Adjustment does not work.

No, there is no simple way to do that. I checked, but copy and paste of adjustments is doe not seem to be scriptable. So we cannot write an AppleScript or Automator workflow do that, unless we would fall back on the unsafe GUI scripting.

What you however could do, is:

• Copy the adjustment from the first image.
  • In Edit Mode, stamp it onto the next image, then advance to the next image using the arrow keys, without leaving edit mode.

Apr 19, 2015 8:30 AM in response to Robert Morse 2

Ya, can do that, but trying to do that for 1000 images, I would end up throwing the whole computer out the window.

It is a pity, that the lifting and stamping of adjustments has been implemented in this silly, restrictive way.

Why not implement it, as it is in Aperture - a nice Lift&Stamp tool, that lets us copy metadata, titles, captions, keywords, and selected groups of adjustments to all selected photos?

You may want to write a feature request to Apple instead of smashing your Mac. The feedback form for Photos is here: Apple - Photos - Feedback

Copy adjustment to multiple images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.