Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes

Maybe this will make sense to someone and i can get some help.

I plugged my old iPhone 4s into iTunes and under the summary bar it showed every song I've ever downloaded onto the phone. i was surprised, i haven't seen any of those songs in so long.

BUT, all the songs are grayed out, is there any way i can get those songs back? they're all deleted from my windows laptop, some are purchased but most aren't. if they appear on the summary bar there must be a way to get them back...

{iTunes v 12.1.2.27} {iOS 8.3}

hopefully someone understands what i mean. 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, music

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 7:28 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2015 10:26 AM in response to xcynniee

Before you transfer your purchases, make sure that your computer is authorized with the same Apple IDaccount you used to make the purchases. Learn how to authorize your computer using iTunes.

If you bought the iTunes Store content on your device using multiple Apple ID accounts, you'll need to authorize the computer for each one.

To transfer purchases from your device to a computer:

1. Connect your device to the computer. Wait for its icon to appear in iTunes.
    User uploaded file
  2. Go to File > Devices. If you're using iTunes for Windows and can't see the menu bar, learn how to turn on iTunes menus in Windows.
  3. Choose Transfer Purchases from [device name].

​​This feature works only for content bought from the iTunes Store. Any items that you imported from audio CDs or received from other sources won't copy from your device to the iTunes library. However, all podcasts from your device's Podcasts app and copies of all PDFs and books from your device's iBooks app will transfer to the computer. Learn how to transfer media to your iTunes library.

itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.