Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover photos from iphotos after Yosemite upgrade?

After upgrading to OSX Yosemite 10.10.2, my iPhotos has stopped working and tells me to update to the latest version. When I click on Search App Store it says the item you requested is not available in the U.S. I tried looking for my iphotos folder to find the pictures and I cant even do that. Does that mean I have lost years and years of photos due to upgrading to Yosemite? Please help. Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 7:06 AM

If you did not update iPhoto to the Yosemite version prior to 10.10.3, you can't update it. If you have access to a Mac that either has the updated iPhoto or can update to the correct version (9.6.1), you can copy that app to your Mac.

Otherwise, you can use Photos (in the Applications folder) or you can import all of the images out of the iPhoto Library into some other photo organizer. Or, you can grab the photos manually in the Finder. Ctrl-click on the iPhoto Library and choose Show Package Contents. Mucking around in the file structure short of copying them to somewhere else will likely damage it such that Photos cannot import the Library.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 7:06 AM in response to jplabayog

If you did not update iPhoto to the Yosemite version prior to 10.10.3, you can't update it. If you have access to a Mac that either has the updated iPhoto or can update to the correct version (9.6.1), you can copy that app to your Mac.

Otherwise, you can use Photos (in the Applications folder) or you can import all of the images out of the iPhoto Library into some other photo organizer. Or, you can grab the photos manually in the Finder. Ctrl-click on the iPhoto Library and choose Show Package Contents. Mucking around in the file structure short of copying them to somewhere else will likely damage it such that Photos cannot import the Library.

How do I recover photos from iphotos after Yosemite upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.